Never do these 5 things while driving in Africa
- Do not drink and drive or when you’re tired. Make regular refreshment stops and walk around.
- Do not drive at night in rural areas.
- Do not act irresponsibly by diving into unknown waters or scaling heights unless you have the correct training, equipment and back-up.
- Do not attempt difficult river crossings late in the afternoon.
- Don’t travel alone in the bush.
- Always wear a seat belt except when in water; do not drive faster than the terrain will allow.
- Establish where the nearest reliable ambulance service or medical centres are when planning your trip.